Pre Event Description :
229 Telephone calls (Head KVK 95, SMS plant protection 66, SMS soil science 23, SMS
Horticulture 25 and SMS Animal Science 20 ) responded by KVK Scientists pertaining to
horticulture, field crops and livestock management (all cell numbers/farmer details recoded by
2. Created 5 famer groups (2 at KVK level and 3 with other stake holders)
3. 389 farmers and other stakeholders approached through whats’ App for dissemination of
4. Advisory related to hail affected fruit orchards was immediately sent after hailstorm on
27/4/2020 to district administration (DDC and CHO Kulgam with a copy emailed to worthy
Director Extension) and farmers through Whats app and Facebook. As per the reports the
advisory has been circulated to hundreds of farmers through farmer to farmers contacts and
through the field functionaries of department of Horticulture.
5. mKisan portal was also tried once again but the problem still persists.
6. Details of advisories have also been shared with ICAR ATARI in the format received from the
7. World veterinary day was celebrated through virtual platform by Animal scientists of KVKs.